Sunday 30 March 2014

Boot sale n a big old chest of drawers

Hi all :)

Thought I would just do an entry on today's bootage and my current project I have started.

This was the booty I got today:


Dresses came to a grand total of £5 (including the 100% silk Monsoon halter neck dress!!)






Gypsy dress £1

Material 50p, gloves 50p

Big vintage tin 50p

Sadler cottage butter dish £1

Portmeirion pimpernel new coaster sets 75p a set

Crochet tasselled top 50p

Wallis silk dress £2 (it better fit!!!)

Jane Norman top £1

Red n black shift dress £2

Grindley vintage pink side plates 25p each

Grindley tiny cups n saucers 50p each. 


Also got a huge picture that I bought for the frame £5





Didn't do too badly, huh?!!!





CHEST OF DRAWERS


Anyhow, back to crafting...


My summerhouse is bursting with furniture that I have been saving to practice restoring on and I am now eager to empty it in time for summer entertaining (it COULD happen!). 


I have decided to do a quick overhaul on this piece first as it is one of the biggest:




Someone tried to paint it with gloss but it's pretty easy to sand down and chalk paint. 

I have just removed the handles and sanded it and now I'm waiting for the paint to dry on the last layer:



Its a fairly easy piece to do so I'm enjoying it :)

Looking forward to being able to get in the summerhouse to repaint the interior again though. 

Woohooooo!





No comments:

Post a Comment