Monday 31 March 2014

Big old chest of drawers complete, and yet more frames and tables

Hi all,

So here is the chest of drawers completed:

Told you it would be a quick project, didn't i?

Here's a reminder of how it looked:





I need to show you what I have used it to replace. 

Be warned though... this is a 'warts n all' kinda blog!

Ok. Here it is:


Hideous aint the word!

My shoe cabinet. 

Yes, I AM using this 'new' set of drawers to house shoes, hats n gloves. 



Hey, if it works, it works :)

If truth be told though, the old unit could easily be prettified with antique white chalk paint and gingham cloth behind the lattice doors but I couldn't be faffed with the fiddly holes. 

The 'new' chest of drawers fits the gap better anyhow, so ner :P

I embellished it a wee bit with my crocheted heart:


I am delighted with how it has brightened up the dingy hall :)



THE NEW FRAME

OK. Can you remember in my last blog how I mentioned that I had bought a large framed pic for a fiver?

Well here it is:

I am gonna sling the print and use the frame to replace yet another one of these ikea frames:



It'll be infinitely better :)

I'm not gonna chalk it up as I have a stunning gold framed mirror above my fire so it'll kind of match. 


NESTED TABLES

Here is another little project I'm about to start:


I've taken them out of the summerhouse (it's getting emptier with each project. I WILL get there, honest!)

The previous owner had used gloss on them as it is peeping through on the detailing and there are drips everywhere:


This'll be another quick project :)

I'm just gonna sand, chalk paint, distress, wax and finally use toile de jouy under the glass to complete. 

I intend to do this inbetween other mundane jobs. 

Hope you all have an industrious day whatever you are up to. 

Toodles x x


No comments:

Post a Comment