Wednesday 2 April 2014

Nested tables, more pots and chicken shenanigans.

Hi peeps :)

Today's update begins with the nest of tables. 

It was a very quick project as I simply need to declutter the summerhouse for this promised heat wave ;)


Here it is:

I love the toile paper!  

Trying to use the rest of the roll up as it was mega bucks expensive when I bought it for the cabinet. 


Can you remember how it originally looked in the yellowed gloss with drips?


Eek!


VINTAGE POT

The next update is a repurposed bowl that I bought from the boot sale a couple of weeks ago for 50p:


It clashes with my colour scheme indoors but it looks kind of fab outside:


I padded with moss to insulate a little against temperature changes. 

I'm expecting it to crack at some point but when and if it does, it'll be turned into a mosaic as the transfer is exquisite :)



THE £5 PICTURE FRAME

OK. Remember the picture I got for a fiver on Sunday?


Well, it replaced my ikea frame pretty well. 

I'm not gonna chalk it up as it fits in MUCH better with the decor as it is:


Massive improvement, huh?  

(Just need to find another frame to replace the one that is reflected on the back wall as seen in the mirror!)


CHICKEN UPDATE!

Thought I would give my girls a mention in this entry of the journal. 

They are sadly eating their eggs (I don't blame them!). 

I have tried to black out the lay box to test the theory that if they can't SEE the eggs, they can't EAT the eggs. 

I just used gaffa tape, bin bags & scissors:


Worth a try! 
(Ps, that isn't a grubby egg^. It is a rubber egg that I used to teach the chooks where to lay when I rescued them 👍)


Another mention is my sad strawberry plants. 

The hens have managed to get under the netting and my plants are no more. :,(

Cheeky chooks!!!!! >:-(

How very dare they!

Anyway, it meant war!

I bought a few more plants and made a hanging planter by fusing recycled carrier bags with an iron.....


Can you see it?

This is how I did it....






Now if they manage to get these ones, I will succumb to defeat. 

Catch you guys in the next blog x x

Toodles :D


















No comments:

Post a Comment