Thursday 3 April 2014

My (hopefully) final hallway project...

Hi all,

I have decided to crack on with a new project which (hopefully) will replace my hallway furniture. 

This is it as it was when I bought it:

It is hopefully gonna replace this:


I want to draw your attention to the tweaks that are gonna be necessary. 

Firstly, you will notice that my current unit does not fit flush against the wall (which irks me greatly!!)

I need to tweak my new project before painting so that this does not happen again. 

Secondly, you will also notice that the seating area on the new unit is on the wrong side. :/

Fear not!  

I have removed the top part and reversed it around and also repositioned it backwards to make sure it WILL sit flush against the wall, yay!! :D


Tada:


Now I need to re-attach with screws before I start chalk painting it. 

I also wish to attach hooks for hanging keys on such as my current unit has :)

I am toying with the idea of replacing the leather mat with a mosaiced ceramic surface. 

The seat pad is also destined to be recovered. 

I have 2 fabric candidates. 

Pink toile cotton and a vintage heavy gold fabric. 

I am kind of preferring the pink toile one as then I can use some vintage plates for the mosaic top. 

Its gonna be awesome!!!!!

I may buy a basket for underneath for my youngest sprog's shoes as well yet. 

Watch this space. 




No comments:

Post a Comment