Tuesday 22 April 2014

Bank holiday bargains

Well this weekend is a boot sale bonanza!!!

Here are a few of my finds:

This beautiful set was £4 so it is now permanently on the summerhouse table instead of my Portmeirion tray. :)

This looks infinitely better as for one thing, it is circular!



I got these 5 teeny tiny spoons for 50p. 

Hopefully these will be transformed into into vintage hooks soon :)


bought the 2 end egg coddlers so now I have a full complement of them :)

Yayyyyy!

(Sadly, my Wedgwood clock no longer has a home though since it used to live in the centre of this top shelf!)


I bought this cute little black dress for £2. 

As you can see, I am intending to use a doily or 2 to customise it with a collar at the very least :)



I also bought these vintage Irish linen tea towels for 25p each. 

They still had the extremely dangerous original tags in the corner that nearly did me a mischief!!!!


This little haul is made up of a tiered cake stand for £1.50, a jug and bowl for £1, a vintage tea tin for 50p, several metres of wide lace 30p and a vintage plaque for 50p. 


The tea tin is now with some friends on my wall unit:


The tiered cake stand is now repurposed as my new fruit bowl:


So the above are Saturday's and Sunday's finds. 


Are you ready for Bank Holiday Mondays finds?

Are you sure?

Do you wanna stick the kettle on first?

Well here goes....









Phew. 

That was a lot, huh!

It took me hours to sort through it all when I got home. 

The catalogue of stuff is basically as follows:

3 royal Albert teacups and vintage tea tin was 50p for all 4 items. 

I bought another huge bundle for £4 which included......

Vintage handles and door knobs

Vintage serving spoon and fork set. 

Vintage spoons including sugar sifters (update on these below)

2 matching chintzy hanging mirrors with candle holders (bought with the intention of using in my summerhouse but they sadly don't look right in there)

2 doilies

Vintage tobacco tin full of old needles

A vintage letter rack

Vintage tea infusers (one still in original box. Update on the unboxed one to follow below...)

2 old iron brackets in a floral design. Gorgeous ❤️

And a HUGE bag of randomness which upon opening had an old glam Peter Pan sequinned collar necklace and an old ladies Gucci watch as well as odd earrings and chains etc that I can use for upcycling!

I also bought a trendy hat for 20p. (Very mod style)

A pair of Levi's pumps for a quid, a pair of skinny jeans for a quid and a red elasticated belt for 50p

And last of all a large vintage serving plate for 50p

Bargaintastic!!!


UPDATES

As I was trying to process my haul upon arriving home, inspiration struck twice. 

Firstly, remember the 2 vintage sugar sifters that I had bought?


Well it occurred to me that these tiny perforations would serve to affix to my new hallway table as key holders. 

I care little whether these are silver or not as I have a use for them. :)

I bent them into shape and put them on immediately. 


Yes, I know they aren't an exact match but I PREFER it that way, OK?! ;)


The second lightbulb moment was when deciding what to do with the tea infuser that was unboxed. 

Ding!

Here is the perfect home for it:



Don't you just love it?!

Perfection. Sheer perfection!

It was made to adorn that little key!

Anyhow, time for me to go or else my forefinger will develop repetitive strain injury from typing on this touch screen.

Toodles x x x 








No comments:

Post a Comment