Monday 28 April 2014

More garden shenanigans involving the chicken coop and LOTS of strawberries!

Hi,

Hope you are all well. 
:D

I've not done any major upcycling lately but have been 'pottering' and keeping busy. 

Lots of jobs in the garden recently but firstly I will share a little crochet project or 2...

Firstly, heart bunting is SO incredibly easy!  

It is also very pretty and practical. 

I have draped mine over my bedroom mirror for jewellery hanging and you can see that I have now put my little Peter Pan sequinned collar necklace (that I bought a week last Sunday as seen on a previous blog) on with my other trinkets: 


My summerhouse bunting was very very tatty too so I linked up some crocheted granny triangles that I had made a while ago and turned them into a length of woolly bunting!!!


Tada:


MAJOR REJIG OF THE CHICKEN ENCLOSURE....

Remember how the chooks destroyed my lawn....?


Well, enough is enough. 

The lawn has grown back after I put them in the woodchipped area so it was time to put them back in the enclosure as my produce plants were getting destroyed every time I planted them up. 

I decided to move the actual enclosure into the woodchipped area. 

It was a sight for sure eyes. 

I singlehandedly moved each of the HUMUNGOUS (and very heavy) panels through the tiny gap in the fence with the hens making a bid for freedom. 


What a palava!

When I was trying to dig the holes for the posts, the girls were trying to help too. 

It was a bit tricky to avoid injuring them but I am happy to report that they all came out of the ordeal fully intact and full of earthworms. 


I am utterly delighted to have the patio area back to ourselves and can now plant away to my heart's content in the knowledge that they will not be decimated by the hens (the slugs are another issue entirely!)


Ah, bliss!!!


There is a little area that is kind of not in use next to the newly situated chicken enclosure so I have put my extra table and chairs out. :)

As the table looked a bit bare, I re'pot'ted some lobelia so it will look nice in a few weeks when they flower and cascade over the teapots :)


Today, I filled my window planters (£4.99 each from Home Bargains) with soil and planted more strawberries (99p for 4 plants also from Home Bargains!)



CAR BOOTY FROM YESTERDAY:

A little haul from the boot sale but it was still satisfying. 

The planter was £3 and the other 3 items were 50p. 


The planter needed upcycling so it has now been chalk painted and stencilled (I didn't hang about, eh?!) and potted up with yet MORE strawberry plants!!

(Thanks, Home Bargains!)


The other little planter that used to live under that window has now been put by the front door instead. 

Here it is in all its chippy glory (I'm thinking I might not repaint it this year as I kind of like it that way!)


I hope I haven't bored you too much!  

It was as brief an update as I could make it under the circumstances ;-)

Well I'm off now. 

I have a chalkboard to make....

Catch you later x x x

1 comment:

  1. hey J J - are you on a world cruise or just gardening like crazy? ♥

    ReplyDelete