Sunday 24 August 2014

Prettifying the pantry

Well, hello there! :D

Sorry about my sabbatical. 

I've still been upcycling and general shenanigans inbetween some health issues but simply haven't got round to blogging about my adventures. 

There may be a few backdated blogs when I plough through pics to remind myself of em. 

Anyhow, to business...

This afternoon I spent a good hour in true Blue Peter fashion with sticky back plastic, leftover oilcloth, a wall sign, a crochet hook and a toilet roll. 

Ok, ok. 

I lied about the toilet roll. 

As I recently cleared out my pantry, I wanted to pamper it a little. 

I decided it needed a sign. 

I looked for one at the car boot but only found a tacky Friends sign for 30p so thought I could improvise. 

A quick google search brought up a perfect pantry font so I resized it and printed it off on some sticky back vintage patterned paper (a previous boot find at 25p a roll!!). 



As the ink refused to dry, on went sticky backed clear plastic over the top!!!!



Then it was simply a case of attaching to the sign. 

Voila!



Just the job!!!


YET MORE BUNTING

Next I wanted to use up a little bit of my oilcloth offcuts for bunting across my little pantry window. 

I simply used pinking scissors to make the triangles, a hole punch for the holes and a few chain stitches to hold em in place. 


Easy!  Must have only taken under 20 mins from start to finish!!



I'm delighted with it. 

Then again, it takes surprisingly very little to make me happy. 

You may have noticed the closed sign, it does read 'open' on the side facing the window though (which is all that matters!)

Hope this blog finds you all ridiculously fine and dandy. 

Toodles x x



1 comment:

  1. glad you're back ... we were wondering where you were ♥♥

    ReplyDelete