Saturday 5 April 2014

Laura Ashley table & cover, Lloyd Loom bargain of the Century and a retro chair!

Today's update involves a Laura Ashley dinner set, A Laura Ashley tablecover, a Lloyd Loom Storage stool, a retro chair and my latest hallway project. 

Phew!!!!!!

You asleep yet?

Nearly?

I'll try to be brief then....

(You know I'm lying, right?)


THE DINING SET

Ok. 
Firstly, I have finally settled on The Table for my dining room. 

It was a purchase on eBay that I got on Thursday. 

This is it:


Real pretty and yet chunky, eh!

It came painted like that already. 

It is chipped, knocked and stained but I don't mind things looking much used :)

It's surely a keeper!


THE TABLE COVER 

This leads me to the next thing. 

See the 'new' Laura Ashley fabric on the table^^?

It just so happens to be that fabric I bought from the car boot last Sunday for 50p


I only found out today that it was in fact, Laura Ashley...


And I only found out today that it fits my new table:

(Yep, I just flung it over all my table settings, etc for a rough idea!!)

Not bad, huh!


THE LLOYD LOOM BARGAIN:

On the way back home this morning, I detoured past the charity shop and found THIS:






£3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I know!!!!

I adopted it and brought it home with me immediately. 

The mustard yellow is now no more already:


It will have had its second coat later and I am about to reupholster the pad....


RETRO CHAIR

Since buying the larger table, the red swivel computer chair is too bulky in the corner. 

I have taken it into the sprog's bedroom and brought down the vintage chair that was being used for the computer upstairs. 

Needless to say, we are both very happy with our swap. :)

This is it:



I was gonna sell it and just turn the nearest dining chair around when a seat at the desk is required but I've kinda taken it to my heart. 

It's had a first coat of chalk paint and is awaiting a reupholstering too. 


THE HALLWAY TABLE

this also has had its first coat and is awaiting to be reupholstered. 

I can't wait to get cracking on the finishing touches for this. I'm feeling quite impatient!!!!

I've improvised on the missing shelf too but you will have to wait to see ;)


REUPHOLSTERY


These are the 3 pads in need of being reupholstered. 

I am using this beautiful heavy gold damask fabric that is in fact a curtain that I bought for the material (£3 for the pair!)

This bit will be fun. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment