Tuesday 8 April 2014

The hallway table update

Hi guys,

We are now getting there with the hallway table :)

Still a few jobs left to do on it but at the moment it is sitting in the hall awaiting them. 

Here it is this morning:


Can you remember how it looked?


Cushion and table were on the wrong side for where I wanted it. 

There was missing a shelf too. 

These were the first things I tweaked before giving it the chalk treatment. 

The shelf was easy peasy. 

I cheated!

Wanna know how?





Yep!  I just cut one of the old placemats to size and painted it!!!!!!!!!!!

(You won't tell anyone, will you?)

The basket on the shelf was the one I picked up on Sunday for 25p:




THE UPHOLSTERED BASKET:

I HAVE to show you how I did the upholstered basket. 

I am really happy with it. 


It was a sewing basket that I picked up for £3 initially:


I simply removed the handle, stripped off all the trimmings and used my leftover gold damask curtain fabric to reupholster it :)

First time I've tried anything like that so don't be too critical, ok? ;)



Then I added some bling trim:


And last, but by no means least, bling on the front:



It is the PERFECT height, width and depth for the little shelf :)


I would love to finish off the side with teaspoon key hooks. 

The really old ones I have just snapped when I tried to bend them:


Whoops. 

One old spoon did manage it though but as I need more than one, I bent a couple of cheap modern spoons to go either side of it:



I am hoping I can get someone to drill them for me ;)

If not, im toying with the idea of just improvising with a glue gun as it will only be holding the weight of keys?

What do you reckon?  

Is that cheating too much?

I want to complete the table with a mosaic top using vintage crockery. 

Hubster is begging me not to as he says he hates mosaics. He wants me to 'stick some paper on it'. 

Hmmmm.  

It'd look fab with ceramic though. :/

Its a lot of work but I think it would be a nice finishing touch. 

It needs something, whatever I do, as I ripped off the red leather mat that was glued to the top :O

Watch this space to see what finally happens to it....

Catch you guys in a later blog journal entry x x x







No comments:

Post a Comment